Free K–8 virtual public charter school: Apply Now
Welcome to South Carolina Calvert Academy (SCCAL)
SCCAL can give your child a well-rounded education outside of the traditional classroom. Backed by some of South Carolina’s best teachers and using the world-renowned Calvert curriculum, SCCAL provides the advantages of a virtual public school, tuition-free to South Carolina students.
Enroll now for either this school year or 2013–14, and you and your child will receive:
- Flexible program tailored to your child
- Accredited, rigorous. well-rounded curriculum that provides a classic education
- Flexible schedule that works with your student and your family
- Outstanding support from South Carolina and Calvert teachers
- Step-by-step lesson plans that are easy to follow
- A specialized program for students who struggle with reading, writing or math called Verticy Learning
How it Works
- Students attend regular online classes and are taught by a supervising teacher
- Students complete assignments supported by a Learning Coach, who is usually a parent or guardian
- Students learn using a blend of printed, hands-on and online resources
- Students and families can meet and collaborate with other SCCAL students throughout the year
Take the Next Step
South Carolina Calvert Academy is now accepting applications for the 2013–14 school year.
All age appropriate K–8th grade full time students who reside in South Carolina and who can demonstrate South Carolina residency are eligible to attend the South Carolina Calvert Academy (SC-CAL). The South Carolina Calvert Academy will not discriminate against pupils on the basis of gender, race, religion, national origin, ancestry, creed, pregnancy, marital status, or physical, mental, emotional, or learning disability or handicap in its educational programs or activities, including the admissions process. SC Calvert Academy provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. South Carolina Calvert Academy is authorized by and a member of the South Carolina Public Charter School District.
The South Carolina Public Charter School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, disability, age, religion, immigrant status, or national origin in its educational programs and employment practices. For questions pertaining to Section 504 contact the Special Education Teacher, Samantha Sloan at firstname.lastname@example.org or (803) 462-0254 and questions pertaining to Title IX contact the Title IX Coordinator and Administrator, Laura Blackmore at email@example.com or (803) 462-0254. For information and inquiries regarding Title IV and non-discrimination policies, contact Laura Blackmore, Title IV Coordinator, as well.
Information Regarding Sex Offender Registration and Notification
The sheriff or local law enforcement must notify principals of public schools of any offender whose address is within one half mile of the school.
You can search the Internet for offenders in your area by visiting the following website:
If a student enrolls that is a registered juvenile sex offender, SC Calvert Academy must notify the SC Public Charter School District of that student’s enrollment with the Academy.